Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Much Better Day!!

Eva had a much better day today. Thanks to those who prayed for her!

As we pulled into school this morning, she told me something she hadn't mentioned before. She said that yesterday they went to see the "real Mexican flag" and she started to cry and couldn't see her teacher. The lightbulb went on!! I remembered that on Monday mornings the whole school assembles in the gym for the salute to the flag. I can imagine how bewildered Eva must have felt. And that incident set the tone for her whole day. When I picked her yesterday I asked her what the best and worst things were from her day. She said the worst thing was falling on the playground. And there were no good things.

I spoke with her teachers today and they had already realized that she needs to be prepped for change and had planned to adjust their approach with her given that need. Eva was a little clingy to me at first so Micah and I stuck around while she made a flag for us. I peeked in the window and it was a delight to see her working so diligently. Once she was done she came blasting out the door to give it to us. Then with barely a goodbye she dashed back into class. Whoohoo!

Micah cried bitterly as we left. "Miss Eva. Miss Eva! No go school Eva." Poor fella.

It was a sweet morning. We watched the end of a fun movie we had rented, then we napped for 2 hours!! My first good sleep in 3 days. I just haven't been having restful sleeps, at night or otherwise. Plus Micah's internal clock hasn't adjusted for the time change so he was up at 3am.

Eva emerged from class tired but happy. When I asked if there were any good things today, she replied, "There were LOTS of good things!!"

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! She crossed my mind today. I wondered if today was a better day for Eva at school. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!