
In Parras
Good thing Andrew got really into the blogging the last little while, because I have dropped the ball! Any down time I might have had while my parents were here (can't believe they're already gone!) got taken up caring for and comforting sick little Micah. He had bronchitis for a while and now he's recovering from strep throat. He had some scary high fevers from that and we have been back and forth to the doc and pharmacy quite a bit. Finally he is on the mend! No more fevers, but he is still so congested he has sleep apnea at night. Very disturbing. I am giving him the hated salt water nasal spray which helps a little but makes him scream. No fun.
My parents left this morning. Wow. Blink of an eye visit. They were planning to leave on Thursday but the weather has been so nuts in the U.S. and Canada they thought it would be better to leave a couple of extra days rather than pushing so hard like they did on the way down. Smart move, but very sad to see them go sooner than expected! We had a great visit though. Highlights include:
- The kids' reactions when they got here. They were so excited! And all over them, Papa in particular. It was a joy and a pleasure to see the four of them enjoying each other so much.
- Delicious meals together, in particular last night's Adults Only Steak Dinner
- Hilarious bloopers in the midst of our attempts at Awesome Family Photos. If only our remote shutter release had arrived in the mail on time.... well, maybe next time we'll get a photo of all of us together.
- Christmas Day, opening useful, fun, educational, thoughtful gifts and sharing Christmas dinner with friends as well as family

- BLOKUS!
- Lots of laughs and good times last night
And now Andrew is still on holidays for the rest of the week. How shall we spend it? Well, today is definitely a lazy day. This morning Sherrif Woody and I made pancakes. I tried a new recipe and threw some molasses in there... not terrible but wouldn't make it again either. I just tried to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night but Micah didn't cooperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!