Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Snot, Smiles and Taekwondo

So Josh wasn't even over his last cold when this one hit him. Poor guy is so tired but just can't stay asleep once the snotcork wedges into place. However, despite the miserableness of having a cold, and at the risk of him immediately proving me wrong (as kids are wont to do) I am going to declare Joshua more content.

The last week or so has seen him enjoying diaper changes, quietly hanging out in the bouncy chair or swing for a stretch, and doing much less crying in the carseat. Yippee!!! He really enjoys when the big kids fuss over him- which is such a double edged sword because that's how he gets his colds. Yesterday he sat on my lap and quietly enjoyed the kids' Taekwondo class for a good 15 minutes before the snotcork got the better of him.

I've been looking for some sort of activity in which to enroll Micah. He is so bored in the mornings! He needs an outlet. Of course there are no morning activities since other kids his age are in school. But most afternoon activities are for kids four and up. But I found out that Xochi's Taekwondo teacher takes kids as young as three!! Yesterday we went to check it out. It only gets better. Both kids can be in the same class. There is a volume discount. It is two days a week and starts at 4:30 (many activities are three days a week and start as late as 6 or 7'o'clock). I like the confidence, discipline and language benefits I see coming from this class. And the kids really really enjoyed it! So did I. It was really fun to watch them learning with big smiles, and Micah was so cute doing his best to follow instructions. I will try to get some video tomorrow.

2 comments:

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!