Some of you may remember my long-ago posts about a couple of incidents of inadvertent theft. First I walked out of the supermarket without paying for the 2L of Coke that was underneath the cart. I think it was the very next trip to that store that Sticky Fingers Micah swiped a pack of wipes. By the time I realized it, I was already back at the van and there was no way I was going through all the maneuvering required to get myself, toddler Eva and baby Micah back inside.
I tried to get them to add those items to my bill the next time I was there but they said I couldn't do that. I almost gave up right there and then. But it has been nagging at me since. Finally, my conscience and my shopping list were in the same place at the same time and I remembered to buy 2L of coke and a pack of wipes. I intended to leave them at the store after I paid for them but of course forgot. So I drove around with them in the back of the van for a week or two. And the whole incident came to its conclusion this morning when I remembered to smuggle them into the store and put them back into the shelves!
-
oh dana you are hilarious!
ReplyDeleteexacting,
scrupulous,
integral,
and hilarious.
xo.
p.s. pray for addie