This has been going around Facebook. I resisted making my list for a while, then I realized how much I enjoyed reading other people's lists. So I thought maybe other people would enjoy mine. I am posting it on the blog for my own records (I plan to print and bind my blog entries each year) and for those readers who don't have a Facebook account.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I was once part of a waterski pyramid.
2. I have travelled through much of northern and central Mexico on motorcycle, as a member of a Mexican motorcycle club. For a while I had a 600cc crotch rocket, then I rode an 1100cc cruiser.
3. My Mom now owns that 1100cc cruiser. I sold it to her when I got pregnant with Eva. I think I still have my chaps. (Both my parents own leather chaps, too!)
4. I love being a Mom. It is really challenging and tiring, but I love it.
5. I played the electronic organ for many years. One day I'd like to have a piano, and learn to play it well.
6. I have a French Immersion high school diploma. Never really felt fully bilingual, though. I can still understand French reasonably well, but if I try to speak it, it comes out as Spanish.
7. I have been fascinated by pregnancy and childbirth for as long as I can remember... it wasn't until a couple of years ago that it dawned on me I could make a career out of that fascination (thanks Erin for the inspiration). I'm now studying to be a Certified Childbirth Educator. I want to spread the word that childbirth isn't inevitably a horrible, excruciating experience!
8. I enjoy the slow pace and relative simplicity of life here in Mexico. But I miss our friends and family. And resources like a public library and the Y and Old Navy.
9. Because I am a reserved person it takes me a long time to develop new relationships. And sometimes I am socially awkward.
10. I played ringette for many years. Gave it up to play hockey instead. I am looking forward to lacing up again sometime in the future. There is actually an ice rink here and opportunity to play a little, but I didn't bring my equipment down.
11. I LOVE to read. I used to read only fiction. Now I read books on pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, natural family planning, parenting, nutrition/food, and the Bible. I don't remember the last time I read a novel. I do fit in Reader's Digest once a month, though.
12. I have read the Bible cover to cover in the space of one year. Twice.
13. Andrew is the perfect man for me. There is no doubt in my mind that God planned us for each other. I am so blessed to have him as my husband.
14. I used to be a horrible cook. If you could call my meals "cooking". Now I'm pretty good, and getting better.
15. I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I enjoy it a lot until the point in the week when I run out of recipe ideas that make my whole family happy. Then I dread it. I hope the kids get less picky as they grow!
16. I was a vegetarian for a decade or so. The first time I ate poultry again was at Christmas dinner a few years back. "Psst, Andrew! Slip me some turkey from your plate!" No one noticed. Not even his smirk. The first time I ate beef again was at a Brazilian restaurant. I ate a lot. Mmm.
17. Over the past year or so I have been trying to conquer my sweet tooth. Refined sugar does terrible things to the body. My family is getting dragged along on my quest, like it or not.
18. I have never broken a bone. Here's hoping I never do.
19. I can't walk past my computer without checking for new email or new posts on the numerous blogs I follow.
20. I trust God to direct the path of my life. I don't worry too much about tomorrow. His plans for me are way cooler than anything I could ever come up with.
21. I wish I could sing.
22. I love to travel. The return on investment is fantastic.
23. I never pass on "forward this or else" emails. So far, I haven't been cursed.
24. I love to play cards and board games. Unfortunately, it's challenging to sit down to a game at this juncture of life.
25. I long to eat locally grown organic food. Easier said than done here in Torreon, to my knowledge. In the meantime I content myself with the tiny organics section at the supermarket. Where the carrots actually taste like carrots. Takes me back to eating them, still garnished with dirt, straight from our garden at the lake.
-
It is fun getting to know you Dana! You are a very cool person. Please say hi to your family from us.
ReplyDelete