Monday, August 3, 2009

Yummy Healthy Pancakes

I love serving these pancakes because they are wholesome and tasty. It makes quite a big batch, which feeds the kids and I and leaves lots of leftovers. Micah and I like to eat the leftover pancakes cold or toasted. I base my recipe on this one I found at allrecipes.com.

1 1/2 c oats
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c buttermilk (add 1 tbsp vinegar to regular milk to make buttermilk)
1 c milk
1/4 c plain yogurt (which I use instead of oil)
1 egg
1/3 c sugar or honey (if I use honey I use a little less milk)

often I use a little less flour so I can sneak some bran in too

Grind the oats in blender or food processor until they are fine. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.

In another bowl or mixer combine all the wet ingredients.

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry with a few swift strokes. Lumps are ok.

We enjoy eating our pancakes with pure maple syrup, raw honey, or jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!