
Last week, while waiting for Eva to come out of school, Micah did a portrait of me. Don't I look cute? At first I didn't have those three lines coming out of my head or the dot between my legs. But then I asked him if I could have hair and a body so he added those features.
I love getting a glimpse into the kids' inner workings and perceptions of the world around them. Eva, for instance, now makes sure the people she draws have necks.
In other news, Eva passed on her latest runny nose to Josh. He was still getting stuffy and a little restless in the nights from the last cold... but last night the poor kid was up every hour or two struggling to breathe through a ton of snot. So frustrating! I'm starting to get pretty good at the sleep deprivation thing now; hardly grumpy at all. Though my communication skills have suffered horribly. My Spanish might currently be qualified as 'broken'.
That picture is amazing! As for Joshua struggling to breath through the snot, do you use saline drops at all? I found that helpful with Koen, even though they don't like it at all. Hope today is a good one!
ReplyDeleteYep, I use a saline spray and then suck it out with the bulb thingie. It helps a little but the boogers come back after a little while.
ReplyDeleteRita recommended this which I am considering, though I can't imagine turning on the vacuum at 3am... http://www.babyvac.ca/index.html
Just last week I've turned the vacuum on in the middle of the night :) Izabel just had a cold (she's at the end of it) and I'm certain it would have been more than a simple cold without this since she had so much yellow stuff coming out. It's so good to see her breath easy after vacuuming! If you could find nose spray with pure sea water that's even better because it has theraputic qualities as well and makes colds go away faster. I hope Josh gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteAs for language skills, my English has only been getting worse since I've given birth. First it was the lack of sleep, then speaking Hungarian to Izabel and now because I quit work. So it's only going downhill from here on...
Now if only I could do something about my IQ not heading in the same direction :D
Now THAT is a portrait. How nice of him to draw your pubes.
ReplyDelete:P