Tuesday, December 15, 2009

La Vida Es Buena

Life is good. Feeling very content.

Josh had a good day. Big kids are happy, well-behaved, and increasingly self-sufficient. Husband awesome as usual. Falling more in love with each of them every day.

Lots to look forward to!

Eva's class Christmas party is tomorrow morning. She and all the other 3-6 year olds will be singing some Christmas carols and then we'll party down in their classrooms. Count on photos and video.

Friday is Eva's Tae Kwon Do test. She got her uniform today and she is so proud! She looks awesome.

Only eight more sleeps til we leave for Canada! Wow, we will be in the air before we know it!!!!!!!! We are all UNCONTAINABLY excited.

The food thing is looking up. I was really frustrated that Joshua had a bunch of episodes over the weekend even though I didn't think I'd had anything suspect. But he seems to have gotten better and so I am thinking it was the fruit and nut snack mix I had middle of last week. It had maltodextrin in it. Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies also have some sort of malt something in them which seems to affect him. If Josh continues to do well, then I will have finally nailed a "safe" diet! It would be so great to have a baseline to work from. Then I can experiment more with dairy to see if any form of that is safe. It would be great to have yogurt back! It has been so tricky to find this baseline because sometimes it is two days before Joshua reacts to what I've eaten. And the effects can last up to four or five days after I consume it.

I made a (super expensive) yummy gluten free cinnamon raisin bread today. SO great to have some bread in the mix... I always feel like something is missing. One can only eat so many corn tostadas. Mom, do you want me to bring some up for you? I know how much you enjoyed them, ha ha.

I have been doing some serious dabbling in green smoothies. I like knowing I'm getting so much nutrition in just one glass. Expecting my energy levels to go through the roof any second now. ;) It is pretty fun to experiment with exotic combinations of vegetables and fruits. I have learned that pomegranate seeds are terrific on a salad, but not so good in a smoothie. Not good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!