Thursday, November 15, 2007

Longer Stretches

Looks like things are finally changing in the sleep department! Micah is sleeping heavier and longer stretches at night! Two nights ago he slept from 7:30pm-5:00am! Last night he was up only once, at 4am, then not 'til after 7. Eva filled the gap though, getting me up at 2am a couple of times and finally climbing in with us at 3am. It was a weird night. We actually went to bed early for once, which was very fortunate. A couple of hours in, Andrew freaked out and put the light on, convinced that there was a cockroach in the bed. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility, since last Saturday I saw one on the guest bed pillow (I'll change the case before you get here, Mom & Dad), right beside where I nurse Micah at night- gahhh! Anyway I just figured that Andrew's mind was playing tricks based on that incident, and refused to be distracted from my rest by the idea of bugs in the bed. To clarify for those of you who will actually be in our house in a few weeks... we see cockroaches in the house probably as often as you find spiders in your house. Gross, but not enough to panic about. And they don't come around during winter, as I recall. So no need to get yourself all worked up, if you were.

Oh, so the other weird thing about the night was a bad dream that the van got stolen. Very "dark"-feeling night. I prayed while I was feeding Micah at 4am and slept nice and heavy 'til almost 7. I didn't even hear Andrew's alarm.

Late last week we ran out of coffee beans. There is an import store here carries Starbucks beans but they were all out! And the Starbucks opening in Torreon isn't ready yet. Now, there might be good coffee beans available elsewhere in Torreon, but I tried buying some grocery store beans once and the coffee was almost undrinkable. So we were in a bit of a pickle. But joy of joys! On Tuesday at Bible Study, what should greet me but my friend Meg with.... a bag of Starbucks breakfast blend!! She made my week! And Andrew's too.

Oh, back to Micah and his sleep. This longer stretches thing is a mixed blessing. He seems to have dropped one of his naps since he's sleeping better at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!