Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Report

Saturday was fun but kind of tough, Sunday was all 'round good!

A mistake we tend to make on weekends is to focus a little too much on relaxing, and therefore lose all semblance of routine, and forget to eat. Which means that everyone gets very grumpy, we have meltdowns and there's lots of butting of heads. Saturday it didn't help that we overstimulated the kids at a new restaurant that has one of those games zones that gives out tickets you can put toward poor quality toys. We came out with our heads spinning. I got to sleep in Saturday morning which was incredible. In the afternoon we checked out an "eco-park" we've never been to and it was really nice. The ice rink in the new mall is open now so we had a look and priced it out ($7 per hour including skates). Looking forward to hitting the ice with Eva!

Sunday was Andrew's turn to sleep in. He and Micah had lots of fun at home while Eva and I met a friend and her kids at Denny's. I think I'm pretty much done with Denny's. I love their french toast but I have had one too many poor service experiences. Plus I have heard of at least 2 people who got sick after eating there.

Micah and I napped, then went to the grocery store while Andrew and Eva built a gigantic fort in the living room. They had a great time! Then, I took Eva to a BBQ while Micah and Andrew watched the Seahawks win. When we got home, Micah was sleeping on Andrew's chest. I missed hanging out with Andrew, but it was really nice to have some special one-on-one time with each of the kids.

Another noteable is that I managed to get all the laundry done this weekend!

I have noticed that Micah rejects a lot of wheat products. For instance, pasta. And toast. There is celiac in the family so perhaps that is the root? Makes me wonder too gluten consumption could be the cause of his frequent waking. He is so often restless at night and maybe it's because of a tummyache? I am strongly considering putting him on a gluten free diet to see what happens. Wondering if I would need to go gluten free too (oh please no! I love my carbs).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!