Things are pretty good! The last couple of weeks Eva has been crying and stalling about leaving the car in the mornings. But she always comes out glowing. She really enjoys everything about school... except being apart from me. It is definitely improving but still an issue for her.
*New information since I started this post:* Eva didn't cry or stall the last two mornings! She has developed some coping skills for missing me. She puts my name on many of her drawings at school. I'm so glad she's working it through!
Micah is still sad in the mornings, but he doesn't cry anymore.
Eva is starting to learn some spanish- so fun! I'm excited for her. I'm seeing some changes in her and I am so pleased to see that they are overwhelmingly positive changes. She is gaining confidence, she is learning the language and developing better people skills. She is making friends. I see glimpses of new maturity, intermixed with some angry behaviour as she processes her new reality.
Eva reported this week that she has been standing up in music class. She also has begun attending English class. Yay Eva!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!