Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One of Those Days

It began with a dream. I was playing ringette and my performance was terrible. Missing every pass and just making wide lazy turns instead of doing anything remotely constructive. Left me with a feeling of disappointment and frustration.

All night I felt like I had solid sleep waiting in the wings, but never quite got there. Woke up tired, even though we went to bed quite early.

I am getting discouraged because I have yet to exhaust the never ending supply of cement-like substance which is blocking my nasal passages. I could blow all day long (and kind of do) and never have a clear moment, not even immediately following a three-kleenex series of blows.

Micah was in fine form today. Let's see.... crayons and strawberry lip smacker on a variety of walls.... while I was cleaning that he filled the kitchen sink with oats and water.... later a giant meltdown because I buckled his seatbelt for him... toilet brush dragged to the playroom... ripping parts out of his book.... fell asleep briefly in the car and didn't sleep later (when I REALLY could have used a few winks of my own)...

I took the kids to the park to kick a ball around and they would not be convinced to kick the ball to each other.... they both would just kick it away from the other one who would cry and complain and it was generally unpleasant all around.

They did eat really well at supper, which always gives a mother a happy feeling. And went to sleep more readily than they have in three days. I am planning to get to bed on the early side and have my solid heavy sleep!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, Micah was a bit of a handful today! I hope you have a good night sleep tonight. I don't know if you still have a cold or not, but I was quite congested during both pregnancies but I guess that was more in the 3rd trimester. Maybe you will be a super ringette player in your dreams tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good sleep and a better next day! Wow. Sounds like a rough one. I'm very sorry, but I did giggle through reading most of that post. I feel I must fess up as I do feel a bit bad about laughing at your trials. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day you too will laugh at your busy boy!
    DebnRobnAshe

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!