Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yoga

Things I am learning at yoga:

- Better body awareness
- That not only do I have ridiculously inflexible hamstrings, but my shoulders- of all things- also lack flexibility
- Some yoga postures are incredibly difficult to pull off

There is a part in the middle of the class where it gets really really challenging... and not just because I'm pregnant. But I really enjoy the relaxing beginning and end, and the results I expect to see and feel in my body. I am looking forward to seeing what impact this practice has on my labour and birthing.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, great job with the yoga. It was something I meant to do during my pregnancy with Koen and never did. I think we often underestimate the benefits of flexibility and relaxation. Also, I'm thinking its quite good for working on balance and strength. Please continue to give updates on the yoga..maybe I will have to give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!