Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recent Activities

Here are some snaps from Tuesday. Nothing too fancy but they show what we were up to.

Deb


Debbie joined us for a visit to the Manitoba Childrens Museum. The kids had so much fun!! They warmed up to Debbie right away and we all loved having her along. I thought that Deb and I might have a chance to sit and chat while we watched the kids, but they were in too much of a fun frenzy for that.


I thought that this construction/waterplay area would be a big draw but it didn't have their attention for long at all.



They spent a lot of time in the tree area. The slide of course was fun. There is a cool tunnel area that ends "underwater" in a beaver lodge.


Chillin' his way down the slide....


Up inside the beaver lodge. It is very dark and at first they were scared to climb up inside but of course once they'd done it they loved it.


In the afternoon, it was finally not raining so we visited the local park. Eva tells me this is the best park ever.







(I'm embarassed that I have to ask you to turn your head to watch these clips. At least they're only 3 and 2 seconds long). Of all the things in the museum, the favorite was running down the ramp from the train engine. This is A/V proof.



Other recent activities, of which I have no photos to post, include church, a very fun visit with Marcy and Jacob, a semi-useless appointment at the bank, a chiropractor appointment, a pregnancy massage, two two hour naps (sweet!), and a grrreat girls night out with Marcy and Catherine.

Church didn't go quite the way I expected. Last year Eva went to Sunday School no problem and Micah refused. This year it was the opposite. Eva wouldn't let me leave her there so she spent most of the service with me. During the sermon we went upstairs to see what was going on and she consented to stay. Micah, on the other hand, marched right into his classroom and started to play. At the end everything was reversed. Eva wanted to stay and play! Micah on the other hand was more than ready. He did well but was a little weepy and the poor kid also had an accident. He's been talking himself into going again this week. He is excited to be a big kid like Eva and go to school, but it's hard to leave mom for a new situation. I think now that they know what to expect it should go well. They both call Sunday School "English School".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!