Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Chillin" in Winnipeg

I found this on my camera card. Eva must have taken it before we left!


The kids and I arrived in Winnipeg on Tuesday. We left home at 7:30am, and by the time we got to my parents' house it was about 9:30pm. Yep, long day. The kids were good travellers as usual, but not GREAT. They were both either sick or fighting sickness (Micah went full blown with his own cold the next morning) and had very little focus. So it was hard to keep them busy and to get them to listen to me. The poor people in front of Micah's seat were probably grinding their teeth as he opened and closed the tray table for the millionth time, despite my repeated admonishments. Anyway apart from the fatigue everything went smoothly. No missed flights, delays or other problems. All luggage arrived together with us. Yesss! I thought maybe we'd brought the warm weather with us, because on Wednesday it was pleasant. But by Thursday it was raining, and Friday and Saturday were downright COLD. We're talking frost warning. In June. Unbelievable. These first few days have been busy and productive. Crossing things off my to-do list left and right. The kids had grown out of all their shoes except flipflops so closed shoes were a priority, especially considering the weather. Got some supercute runners for both of them. Here's our little wannabe skater...


Yesterday we did the 5km ALS walk at Assiniboine Park. Micah walked about the first 2kms! He was happy to just walk and hold his 9 year old cousin Jamie's hand. He was pretty pooped by the end! The kids caught some zzz's in the car while we dropped Dad and Sudz off at home, then Mom & I took the kids to the Winnipeg Children's Festival. It was pretty fun. We only stayed for two hours and that was plenty for our two tired little ones. We watched two shows and the kids got their faces painted.

Taking in the Washboard Hank show


Eva getting a sparkly sun painted on her face. She loved it.

Micah told the face painter he wanted pink and blue stripes. Later he told everyone he had a big circle on his face.

I got them each an outlandishly expensive balloon and they were tickled.

Micah took this photo!


Now that many of the errands have been taken care of, these next weeks will focus on visiting and getting the kids well. I started to sniffle last night too. I don't know whether I hope it's the cold or allergies. Allergies might actually make me more miserable. Well, just one extra excuse to have a nice long nap this afternoon :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I've been waiting for a blog about your trip so far! Sounds so fun. That second picture...wow, Micah is way too adorable! Hope you get a lot of rest and we'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!