I'm feeling a little tired and frustrated today. Yesterday Eva woke up with the sniffles. In light of the current health climate around here, her school has asked us not to send children with signs of illness. So she has been home even though she's really not feeling that bad. Also, our helper Claudia got a full time job, which is great for her. She offered to come help me on her lunch break (2 hours long) this week and on her day off going forward. I gratefully accepted. But she didn't show up yesterday or today! I haven't been able to keep up with the dishes, let alone the rest of the house. Our two munchkins seem to have taken everything we own out of its place and left it elsewhere. It's impressive. So, our house is a disaster and my trip-preparation plans are not moving ahead as smoothly as I'd hoped. AND, of course I'm so frustrated with Claudia's no shows not only because of the state of the house, but because a decision to say adios to her would mean coming home from vacation to a dirty messy house. Even if Andrew and I managed to get all the housecleaning done, the amount of dust that would build up...! And my poor ficus tree, which I've somehow managed to keep alive for 6 months! I can't hire someone new a few days before leaving on vacation! So I'm kind of stuck relying on her despite her unreliability. Augh.
In more fun news, yesterday the kids and I got haircuts. They were amazing at the salon. Eva did awesome covering her mouth for every cough and sneeze. While I was getting my cut, they installed themselves at a station and so quietly played and coloured. I have mixed feelings about my hair. I really like it on the one hand. But on the other hand I told him I was growing it and he cut quite a bit off. I have been trying to grow my hair out forever! Eva got the full salon treatment, including wash, dry and straightening. She looked so cute. She wouldn't let me take her photo though. Micah was great as usual getting his hair cut and proudly posed for a shot.

Micah wore that bandaid for two days. He originally insisted he had a boo-boo on his hand, then later installed it on his face. He wore his long sleeved Superman pjs for most of the day yesterday which was cute but I don't know how he stood the heat. Right now he's wearing a pair of Eva's green fuzzy socks. That guy is a little character.
what's alice's blog address? i'd love to check it out.
ReplyDeleteomgomgomg I CAN"T STAND IT...did Caroline get her vbac? c'mon people, c'mon. Gillian is a beautiful name. In fact, so beautiful that I covet that name. I have no girls, but still I covet.
I covet a lot of things, actually! My pastor was teasing me about this last sunday....
hope you are doing okay! I know things must be busy getting ready for your trip and dealing with no Claudia. Jeepers. What aweful timing!
Praying for you!