This is what the octopus was supposed to look like:

This is what my octopus looked like. After I made one tentacle I called it quits. Obviously there was no salvaging this project.

So I chose something a little more straightforward:

And this is how it turned out! I'm pretty pleased with myself. Though now that I look at it (I was working from memory when I sewed on the parts) I should have sewn the wings and eyes on differently. Maybe I'll redo that. But for now I'm just happy I got the crocheting right!!

Thanks to Melissa for the inspiration, and to LionBrand for the free pattern and crochet instructions.
Dana - I'm totally impressed with your venture! I'm not a very "crafty" kind of person so I know what's required!! Terrific job and I just know Wee3 will love it.
ReplyDeleteI got a huge chuckle - thanks for letting me laugh - out of your attempted octopus. Maybe we can try one together when you're out here in summer. Let's see what we can do. We'll probably be in for more good laughs which is good for the soul, right?!
These "stuffies" are adorable.
Hang in there - lotsa love alice :)