Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekend Activities

Two very contrasting days for me this weekend. Saturday was WAY too busy for my liking. All good stuff, but too busy. I used to have busy days like that all the time but now I will do whatever I can to avoid it going forward. I like my nice slow pace of life, thank you.

Saturday morning it was Andrew's turn to sleep in so I got up with Micah at 5:30. Got most of the dishes done which felt good. Headed to yoga at 9:00. I just didn't have enough sleep in me so I was useless. Right after yoga I hurried straight to my La Leche League meeting. Fourth in the series of four!! I enjoy going but it's nice to not "have" to go now that my course requirement is completed.

Got home, ate, packed us up and headed out to a birthday party. Swimming, pizza, nice people... Lots of fun. We noticed that the kids have finally reached that age where parties aren't so exhausting because they can fend for themselves a lot more. We actually fit in quite a bit of adult conversation!

Watched and enjoyed Valkyrie and fell into bed exhausted.

Today felt like Mother's Day all over again! I slept until 10am, completely undisturbed, and woke to a clean kitchen and empty house. After a very nice Quiet Time, I spent the afternoon cooking. Figured I should take advantage of the relatively cool weather to use the oven. I was proud to make quite a good lasagna without a recipe. I have come a long way. Then I whipped up some oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies. Muy delicioso! Too delicioso. I have authorized Andrew to intervene if I try to eat any more tonight.

Now I'll watch a little tv and work on some crochet.

Tomorrow's kind of an exciting day. Andrew and I are meeting with Eva's teachers in the morning since we will be already gone when they normally have parent-teacher conferences. I look forward to hearing what they have to say. I asked Bertha to come hang out with Micah while we're doing that. Eva will spend the afternoon at school doing a special event. They're renting inflatables and some are waterslides, fun! It will be a long day for her away from me so hopefully she can enjoy the event and not get sad because she misses home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!