Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life Lately

Overall things are better around here. Josh has had mostly good days for the last week. Most of his crying is because he has a need, not because he's hurting. (though even Happy Josh seems to be proving himself a relatively high needs baby). He did have a rough patch yesterday morning- but on Sunday I put some chocolate chips in an afternoon coffee (mmm, btw). So, either dairy, or caffeine overload.

The last couple of early mornings he has been restless and I've been up with him at 5 or 6am. Hoping that's not an ongoing trend.

He is a smiley guy! When he's relaxed he smiles and flirts with anyone who smiles or laughs with him. That is SO fun.

Joshua doesn't want to be held by anyone but me these days. Fun times around here while I'm getting showered and dressed in the morning!

We have an appointment with the geneticist on Friday to discuss the results of the karyotype and presumably receive some sort of diagnosis. I'm glad to hopefully have some information with which to go forward. But I also don't have a burning need to know whether he has something or what it is. I see a strong little individual who's got big things ahead of him, regardless of what Dr. Smith has so say.

We had a very enjoyable and unusually social weekend. Saturday we enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal with our expat group. I brought our play-doh which was a big winner with the kids who came. I made a ginormous salad which we forgot on our kitchen counter. Whoops. At least we remembered the cranberry jelly and oranges so we weren't totally remiss in the potluck contribution department. We were also a half hour late which I felt bad about since the invitation specifically said to be punctual. There was a biting incident followed by a very welcome nap, some fussing and dirty diapers to deal with and... well, before we knew it we were late.

The next morning we attended a special English language Thanksgiving service which we were so happy about! And in the afternoon Xochi came over to play.

A very enjoyable and satisfying weekend! We'd be doing a little better if we were sleeping more (Micah has Andrew playing musical beds every night) but it's partly our fault for going to bed just a little too late most days. Anyway overall things are good. Though we CANNOT WAIT to be with family and friends for Christmas. :)

3 comments:

  1. I like your perspective on not needing to know "what it is", but focusing on the strong individual God has made Joshua--and the big things that are in store for him. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like there is so much to respond to but will just say a few things...
    1. Awesome that you are getting more smiles from Josh. The high needs must be extremely exhausting. You are doing so well!
    2. I really hope that your app't with the geneticist goes well. Hopefully there will be ideas on how to make Josh more comfortable and content.
    3. Yay for an english service!
    4. SEe you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying about that appt on friday. Your attitude and perspective still amazes me. Bless you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!