Friday, December 11, 2009

A Typical Morning

A glimpse into what we see and do weekday mornings:

We might see the produce truck... (I would love to buy from this truck but apparently I don't buy with enough frequency and volume to make it worth the seller's while to add my house to his route.)

While it's not unusual to see military convoys, we saw this rather incongruous scene of military trucks- guns, balaclavas and all- parked in front of the local church. I wish the photo were better, but I wasn't sure how apropriate it would be to take a photo so I was sneaky about it.


We travel the short distance down a highway to Eva's school... (39 secs)



Then we wait in line to drop her off at her gate. It's a pretty slick system where the parents don't even get out of the car for drop off and pick up. All the teachers know which cars/parents belong to which children- impressive- and escort each child to and from the corresponding vehicles. Quite safe and efficient.


The usual sights and sounds at the back of the school bus... (15 secs)



Did you pick up the accusatory glance Joshua shot at me?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I like that system of not having to get all of the kids out of the car to bring Eva in. Although, maybe Josh would like that break:) Whenever Koen is crying, Kai just yells at the top of his lungs as he can't stand it. Glad that Micah and Eva appear to be a little more understanding!
    Do you miss out on interaction with the teachers each day because you aren't with them at the beginning and end of each class? Or, do you get a chance to talk to them at the escorting time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh definitely likes the break. I always arrive early for pick up so that I can hold him while we're waiting for Eva.

    Usually one of Eva's teachers is on duty at the gate either morning or afternoon so I can chat with them then if I want. I can also call or text or send a note with Eva. And they usually come to birthday parties. So I feel like there's ample opportunity to connect with them.

    The big kids have learned to tune out the crying, pretty much. Sometimes I feel like Kai though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!