Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Already!

This week has flown by!

The first three days were really challenging. Eva and I butting heads, neither child sleeping well, tired Mommy with poor patience. A messy house always gets under my skin, and the house was in chaos so that didn't help at all. The mountain of laundry has been reduced to a large pile, much of the clothing and other articles have been stowed, and I've had domestic help so the house is clean. Yesterday was a GREAT day with the kids. We enjoyed being together and for the first time this week it was quiet while I made supper. A little too quiet, actually! I put on a movie, and Eva watched it while Micah divided his time between the movie and pulling things out of the cupboards. Then I noticed that it was *really* quiet. Peeked in the living room. Eva was hunched over, asleep. [This morning she told me her eyes were talking to her, saying, "I'm tired."] Micah was nowhere to be found! I searched all the bedrooms and bathrooms- no sign of the little guy. What! Then I looked out on the patio, and there beyond the patio door which he had so considerately closed behind him, was our little man. Looking a bit bewildered, actually. Probably because he expected me to come whisk him back inside much sooner than I did. That was a bit of a scare!

Micah has been very restless and 'cryey' at nights, wanting extra comfort. Didn't get the feeling it was teeth but it wasn't obvious what else it could be. Then he started scratching his legs like crazy!!!! Problem solved (I think)! He has had dry patches of what I assume is eczema since he was wee. They haven't seemed to have bothered him, until now. Or has he just learned how to scratch? Maybe this has been the source of his sleeping problems all along?? I have been applying Aveeno cream like crazy and hoping we'll see some results in the sleeping department! Last night was somewhat better. Eva slept right through for the first time in at least a month, Micah wasn't scratchy or cryey, though he was glued to me all night long. Normally if he's in the bed he likes to be off in his own little spot unless he's nursing. I did have to get up at 2am to let Duna out, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!