Today we step back into Time. For the past 6 weeks we have been living in a different world, off the calendar. It has been magnificent. Also a bit dizzying, I suppose. But so enriching. I feel like the kids have grown a lot. They had a lot of special times with people who love them. They have learned how to adapt to different situations and locations. They are getting along amazingly well. Part of me thinks twice about sending Eva to school in fall because I know Micah will miss her so much. I wish there were part time preschool here; that would be perfect.
We had a great time with Al & Alice. The kids ate truckloads of rice krispies with sugar and milk, crunchy toast, and tic tacs. Alice very nearly completed a 1,000 piece puzzle. The other night Eva perched on the tall stool and worked on it too. I think that will be our special time during Micah's naps this week- working on finishing the last little bit of the puzzle together. We crowned Andrew with the Daft Tiara (a highlight!), we played many games of Scrabble, and we got into Rook. There are many more special memories to note as I think back through the last month and a half, but right now is not the time. Had another tough night and the kids are starting to clamour for attention so my focus is poor.
This day marks the beginning of the end of Micah's constant night-waking, as far as I'm concerned. He is old enough to sleep through without needing intervention every single night. He understands our expectations. And now that he is not sharing a room with Eva (who woke up two nights ago so pitifully complaining that she couldn't sleep very well because Micah was crying so loud, poor Wee), we can hold the line a little more. Hope and pray that this won't take too long and be too hard on everyone. With Eva, once it was time it took about 2 nights as I recall. Then it was amazing.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!