-
Friday, January 18, 2008
Preschool Time
Today the kids and I visited the school I was interested in sending Eva to in the fall. It is a Montessori school and I've heard good things about the method and the school itself. I loved it! We all loved it! The preschool director, who is also one of the three owners and founders, received us. I was impressed with how much time she took with us. She was great with my kids, seemed to know the kids at the school by name, she was gentle and positive and encouraging. She took us to see the classrooms (which were just packing up to leave for the day, unfortunately, so we didn't see them at work) and Eva was very impressed and pleased with the sinks and tables that were "just the right size" for her. She was also very taken by the play structure. The kids got a chance to play on it (in excellent condition, I noted) and I think that sealed it for Eva. On the way home she told me she really really wanted to go to that school and that she wouldn't need mommy to be there. I liked everything that I saw and heard except one thing: the length of the day. She will go every day from 8:30am to 2pm. A long day for such a little one. I am comforted by knowing that she will be in a great environment, having fun, learning, and being well supported.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!