You may wonder what's up around here.
Micah still waking frequently. We are very close to- and sometimes's past- our wits' end. Have been more firm with him and we see that he understands our expectations, but he still wakes often and protests loudly. Doesn't help that both kids have a cold. Eva was up for a while last night too. Not much energy here for daytime parenting and managing.
We are doggie sitting for a friend. Samson will be here til early next week. The kids are having fun pretending to be terrified.
Cool fact: Micah knows how to blow his nose. Eva did too at this age. Must be genetic.
Micah's song repertoire is growing. It's very cute to recognize him "singing" Farmer in the Dell, Jingle Bells, and the ABC song. He also sometimes sings along to the CD in the car.
Did I post that I decided to pull Micah out of Gymboree? Today is his last class. He likes it but just isn't fully engaged. He rarely participates in the class and instead goes off to enjoy himself with some other diversion in the classroom, like climbing up on chairs.
I have been reading voraciously. Al & Alice passed along a book called The Shack and gave me a book called Blue Like Jazz for my birthday. They are both very thought-provoking books about the love of God that have impacted my perspective and approach to my own spirituality. Now I'm into Pillars of the Earth. We'll see if it's as good as Oprah says ;)
-
Loved all the little tidbits in this post! Let me know if `The Pillars of the Earth' is any good. My dad suggested I read `The Shack' and if you suggest it too, I should! Louise
ReplyDelete