I think my adrenalin surge has finally subsided. The kids and I came back famished from a wonderful morning, and I started fixing french toast. I had mixed up the eggs and milk, and pulled out the frying pan and got the burner going under it. I detected swift and very unexpected movement and squealed loudly as I realized that a cockroach had just run up the outside of the pan and into it! As the pan heated the roach did a few frantic laps then bailed out into the egg mixture, where its doggie paddle got it nowhere. It finally just sunk to the bottom. The whole disgusting episode ended with a flush. Good riddance! Blech! Shudder.
We have had an unusual amount of rain lately and I guess it's forcing the cockroaches to find new places to hang out. Despite our decision not to fumigate, we normally don't often see cockroaches in the house. Now I've seen three in the last 24 hours. Hate those things.
-
The word that comes to my mind is DISGUSTO. I read your post to Andrey and he says, "Nastazoid." We can relate to your extreme displeasure of cockroaches although such a thing has never happened to us, exactly. GROSS. So were you able to eat french toast after all that?
ReplyDeleteI was SO HUNGRY and had my heart set on french toast. So I used a different dish for the egg mix and scrubbed the pan thoroughly. The plan went ahead as... planned.
ReplyDelete