Anyway, we went to El Carmen this weekend to visit our friends from Riverwood Community Church. Check out their blog, www.sirva2008.blogspot.com. Our church has made a trip a year for the past 5 years and have helped build an awesome orphanage. We also had the pleasure of staying with Jim and Lorraine this weekend in Saltillo. We had a great time. They even watched the kids while Dana and I went to see the new Bond movie. Lorraine lent us her bread maker and cappuccino maker. I just made a 4 cupper for myself and am VERY wired up.
Here are few pics of the weekend...

I took Eva and Micah for a walk while Dana packed the goods. We ran into Mr and Mrs Clause. E&M were very excite.

We also bumped into the "Changitos"

When we arrived in Saltillo, Micah, Jim and I went for a walk....It was cold and I forgot to get Micah his jacket. He didn't seem to mind.

This church was great. They worshipped for close to 3hrs. Needless to say, Micah and Eva didn't make it through. We took them to the park to play.

After Church the Riverwood gang walked back to base camp for lunch.

The kids from the orphanage joined us at church and it was great. Micah climbed on the bus and was swarmed by all the girls. Here is one of the girls from the orphanage. She really seemed happy.

Before Riverwood started this project, the second floor nor the roof were completed. Really cool to see how developed it is now.

Here is a glance at the inside.
It's just terrific what Riverwood Church has done in getting the orphanage set up so well. Wonderful. Glad you got over there. Love those pictures. Don't think I've ever seen Mr. and Mrs. Claus in royal blue suits!
ReplyDeletema alice
It was so great to see you all! Thanks for taking the time to come out and see us....wish you could have come on Saturday and put in a full work day with us :-) JK...although I think you would have had fun doing that. I'm so glad you got to see the orphanage and get some context for the work we have been doing. You guys take care out there! We miss you all. Eva and Micah are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteJon