Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Great Way to Spend Long Days at Home

I can't believe I didn't set up the pool earlier in the week! I know you Winnipeggers don't want to hear it, but it is HOT here now. We go out for a walk in the mornings, and at 9am the sun already beats right into you. Monday the kids and I had a great day- they played so well together, were so agreeable and not particularly needy, it was very pleasant. Tuesday was a completely different story, one of disobedience and mischief. Yesterday wasn't great either. I suggested we set up the pool, but that they needed to clean off the patio to make space for it. Their desire NOT to clean overrode their desire to swim. This morning I went out there and we all cleaned the patio together, then set up the pool.

Here we are enjoying the refreshing feeling of water on our feet, waiting for the pool to fill.

Eva has gone to get her swimsuit on.

"Who cares if it's not full? Let's get swimming!"

This may look dangerous, but they have got it down to a science. They'll sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!