Saturday morning at DebnRobnAshe's place. Micah nonchalantly drove Ashley's toy motorcycle straight into the fence. It did not cross his mind to do anything like, oh, try to steer, or take his foot off the gas.
Eva's new- previously enjoyed by Ashley- hat and sunglasses. Can't get them off of her.
Micah trying on a pair of shades.
More photos to come after I get permission from everyone...
On Thursday morning I got a call from Tara. I know her from church here and she invited me as a support person to her home birth this month. She was due on the 20th so we were crossing our fingers it would work out. She called to say her water had broken! She wasn't having regular contractions yet but I rearranged my schedule so I could be ready for her when she needed me. Around lunchtime she asked me to come be with her while her boyfriend went out to pick up her mom. So my mom dropped me off and took the kids with her to her salon appointments. I was so glad they were really good for her! I hung out with Tara until the late afternoon. Her contractions still weren't regular and I thought she needed some space. I got a chance to eat with the kids and tuck them in then I headed over there again for a couple of hours. Things kind of died off so I headed home and climbed into bed with my cell phone close at hand. Still no regular pattern so in the morning I was able to go to the park for a really fun playdate with some of my mom's friends that she had a playgroup with when I was young. Four of us daughters/daughters-in-law were able to be there with a total of eight little kids ranging from 4 months to 4.5 yo. So cool! We went to an awesome park.
Just as the playdate was ending I got the call that Tara was in active labour so Mom dropped me off and headed home with the kids. She laboured beautifully and had the birth she dreamed of in water, right in her own living room at 5pm. I was honoured and privileged to attend and support her, and it was very moving. Mom and baby are doing great! Seylah is perfect and content.
So that was VERY exciting! Also very tiring and my cold which was improving took a turn for the worse.
We had lots of fun plans for Saturday. In the morning we went to see 9-year-old Ashley's lacrosse game. I really enjoyed it! Good entertainment and so fun to see her out there. She is one of only two girls on her team and she holds her own. She is loving it. Now our kids want lacrosse sticks!
Afterward we were invited over for lunch and wow did we pack a lot of fun stuff into a short couple of hours. There was cookie making and trampoline jumping, swingset playing, treehouse playing, BBQ eating, motorcycle driving, and hand-me-down hand-me-downing. We had a blast and didn't want to leave. But we had a family BBQ we were also looking forward to in the afternoon.
Everybody made it and it was great to have a chance to see and catch up a little with everyone. I loved seeing the kids together. Eva and Micah really really enjoyed playing with seven year old Ben and nine year old Jamie.
We got home way past the kids bedtime and by then I was completely out of gas and just went to bed with them. I was thrilled to open my eyes to a clock that reported 7:08am! At least a full hour later than Micah's recent usual.
Today we went to church. This time Eva trotted right into her class and had a great time, and Micah dissolved into tears at the thought of leaving me. So I took him into church for a while where he actually did sit quietly for a while. I knew it was time to try taking him to class again when he crawled under the chairs all the way back to the sanctuary. And he went right in and was ok with me leaving. When he came out he declared, "That was fun!". Maybe next week they'll both go to their classes for the whole time and I'll get a chance to focus on church.
After church a few of us had a picnic lunch at the park. It was great to hang with my friends, see their kids, see them with my kids, and to see the kids together. It was finally really sunny and hot today, whoohoo!
When we got back, all three of us took a super long nap. I actually had to wake Eva up. I'm looking forward to getting back into bed and hopefully sleeping this cold away. Lots more visiting planned for this week!
Wow, too much to comment on! So glad you guys are having such a great time visiting with family and friends. Super cool that you got to attend a water birth and that it all went so well!
ReplyDelete