We've had lots of fun times in Al & Alice's back yard: visiting, playing, splashing, eating... The kids are so comfortable here at Grandma & Grandpa's. They love their special beds that Grandma set up for them, and the special activities she does with them. One of their favorite parts about being here is spending time with their cousins. Eva keeps asking how many more sleeps til she sees Megan again. It is a delight to see them running around and playing together and loving each other.
We've also managed lots of local Nerd time (Melissa has written a comprehensive post explaining what and who the Nerds are). It has been awesome. Between four families there are nine kids!! It is mayhem. In a good way. When we all walked to the park the neighbors just kind of stood wide-eyed and watched the parade pass by. All the kids (ages 6 months through 6 years) play together sooo well. Us adults play together pretty well too ;)

Louise somehow ended up ferrying kids from three different families to the park. Her little guy Koen is in the baby carrier, and Torie's Addison is in the stroller with Micah.

Melissa

Eva pulling her weight... at least
Today we headed to Tsawwassen for to visit with a good portion of the B.C. Troniaks. It was so good to see everyone. We also really enjoyed having some time on the beach at Boundary Bay which is a short walk from my aunt and uncle's house.
Tuesday we'll head down to Seattle for the day to see another Nerd who is flying in from the Philippines for a conference. So great. Later in the week we're planning a day trip to Whistler. I've never been there so I'm really looking forward to it.
I know the rest of the trip is going to fly by!
Check out Andrew's blog to see more photos of our time here.
Sounds like you're having a FAB time. Good for you guys. So glad you're going to Seattle to see Andrey. Wish I could be there but I know you'll enjoy your time together - albeit just a few hours. Looking forward to seeing photos! I love seeing the shots of Nerd gatherings...
ReplyDelete