Micah has abruptly transitioned to No-Nap Micah. Mostly. He will eventually go to sleep, but it takes me 30 minutes to talk him into it and I just don't have that kind of energy right now. He could still use a nap every couple of days, I think. The other day he fell asleep in front of the tv for the first time since he was newborn. That was cute. But mostly he gets through the day alright.
Today we had our first Double Quiet Time. Eva hung out in the playroom, Micah and I hung out in the bedroom. Micah brought a bunch of toys in and I instructed him not to bother me so I could try to nap. I never expected to have a serious nap, but hoped to get some dozing in, and I did. I think he did pretty well considering it was his first Quiet Time, it was an hour long, and he is only two. We'll keep working on it. I am a firm believer in the value of Quiet Time for all members of the household (perhaps especially me?).
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!