Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cool Weather and Passing Phases

I haven't posted for a while so I thought I should put something out there.

The weather is unusually cool and I'm enjoying it. I actually wore a long sleeved shirt today. That said, the weather seems to suit the mosquitos as well. We are getting eaten alive at night! I spend the first part of the night being tortured by mosquitos, and the last part being tortured by my son. Most mornings he'll end up in our bed before we're ready to get up. Then he usually showers with Andrew while I get a blissful extra 30 minutes of the sweetest sleep. The last two mornings he has refused to go with Andrew. So he can bug me for 30 minutes! Post-mosquito-assault me has very low tolerance for this. Hoping it is a quickly passing phase.

I hope also that my inability to keep the house tidy is a passing phase. I am struggling! I am so glad that Claudia is going to be here tomorrow. She wasn't here Tuesday because it was a holiday and we need her!

Eva is still colouring up a storm.

Recently I spent a ridiculous amount of money to get Jessie and Bullseye (Toy Story movie) for Eva's birthday present. She has been asking for them for months. If we ever come home and say we have a surprise for her, she is always bitterly disappointed when it's not Jessie and Bullseye and the Prospector. So I figured it would be perfect as a birthday gift. I knew it could never measure up to her expectations but at least she would get that big thrill of finally getting this thing she has wanted so badly for so long. Well today she tells me that she wants a Belle (Disney princess) dress. She really really really wants a yellow Belle dress. I ask her what about Jessie and Bullseye and the Prospector. She says naw, I don't want those things anymore.

Terrific.

Before bed she said to me so cutely and so sincerely, "Mom, I wonder if when I wake up in the morning there will be a Belle dress for me. Maybe Santa will bring it while I'm sleeping."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!