Thursday, September 11, 2008

Garbage Rat!!

When Claudia arrived this morning she noticed something in the garbage.

Keeping barely afloat in last night's rainwater


After we tipped over the garbage can

She laid there like that for quite a long time. Finally she had a bit of a shake, and after probably 30 minutes of recuperation, she staggered off into the brush in a nearby vacant lot.

I know some might think I'm crazy for setting it free, but I couldn't do anything but. She just looked so pitiful and helpless. (If I had rodent infestation problems, I might have had a different attitude, but so far so good in that department).

1 comment:

  1. What a shock that creature must have had swimming all night long! He must have been tuckered right out. He couldn't have chosen a better garbage can to practise...bless you, Dana for giving it one more chance.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!