-
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Clubbin' It
Oo, I feel so hoity toity and swanky panky- we're officially members of a golf and country club.
No, we haven't suddenly ascended the socioeconomic ranks. It's just that the golf & country clubs around here are hurting for members so much they are offering pretty smoking deals. Three years ago you had to pay a hefty application fee, plus monthly fees and sign up for at least a year. Today you can just walk in and pay month by month. And a month is all we intend to use and pay.
One thing I really really wanted to do this summer was get the kids and myself into a pool on a regular basis. Ideally with swimming lessons for the kids, who are so on the cusp of really actually swimming by themselves. I did some research and checked out a few options and this one seems like the best value. In addition to unlimited pool privileges, my mom can join us for free while she's here, and swim and tennis lessons, craft and jazz classes (among others) are all included and available for our little guys. So this week we went for it!
This morning we swam for an hour or so and I came home feeling fresh as a daisy! Impervious to my 29* kitchen as I prepared lunch. What a difference it made! And of course the kids had a wonderful time. In the afternoon they did the craft class and really enjoyed it. Looks like we'll start the swim lessons next week.
It will be a great way to keep cool and to have some structure this summer. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That picture is priceless! Hard to imagine Eva being yes, so wee...but I remember that picture when you took it originally, Dana. Good for you to get the benefit of the Golf and Country club now during this hot stretch. So happy for you...and you still have time to post blogs!!
ReplyDeleteLove alice :)