Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mouse in the House

A couple of days before Andrew joined us in Canada, he told me he had seen a mouse in the house. He repeatedly emphasized that it was a small mouse, expecting I guess to reassure me. I don't care if it's a family of small mice making a home in my underwear drawer... I don't want any mice making a home in my underwear drawer!

He put out a couple of traps and some kind of goo tray and left without finding our little friend. Terrific.

I was happy to come home to an absence of tiny turds, but still unconvinced that our small problem was actually solved. Andrew preferred to think that the little guy had just strolled out the way he had strolled in.

Today the mystery of the mouse was solved. Claudia was cleaning behind the guitar cases and came across a Definitely Dead small mouse. The kids were fascinated. Claudia was repulsed. I had her peel it off the wall anyway. Enjoy the photogs.


2 comments:

  1. Ok that's gross but glad you shared it anyway. I would have done the same. Better to find it dead than alive, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the picture of that poor mouse!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!