Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A New Era in Housekeeping

Claudia quit last week so we have hired a new housekeeper. Cori comes highly recommended, having worked for a quite a few expats here. Her daughter and sister also work for expat families who are very happy with their work.

Cori came for the first time on Monday and she seems to be really good! Hard worker, go-getter, punctual... She is a gentle person and a Christ-follower. Based on what I have seen and heard of her work ethic, I am excited about having her to help us!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate having domestic help. I just can't keep up. Two days is about my max and then it starts getting out of control. How do I keep my kids from throwing over their shoulder whatever item it is they are done with??? And how do I keep the dust under control? Oh yeah, we live in the desert. It's impossible.

4 comments:

  1. Call me a control freak but I only let the kids play with toys in designated areas; the basement and the rug area by our tv. That way clean up is so easy, besides, Kai is the one that has to clean up so he knows he better not get too messy. Watch me eat my words once Koen is in full force all over the house:)
    As for the dust, I feel for you because we really don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dana, I am sooooo excited that Cori is working for you! You will not have a better helper! I miss her sooooo much! Please tell my sister Hola de la familia Walker y que extranos mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely pass on your message, Lisa! We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Cori, and miss her :) She was such a sweet presence in our house!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!