Eva playing Little People while I make supper.
Yesterday was a very peaceful day with the kids! They tend to be quite demanding of my time and attention. It is usually an uphill battle to get dishes done or food cooked. But yesterday had a different feel. The intensity was turned down a notch. Micah was still busy (in fact, I found him on top of the kitchen counter taking coffee cups down from the cupboard- that was scary) and Eva still wanted me to look at her and help her with stuff, but it was different. I got a chance to play with the kids and give them attention, but also to do things around the house relatively uninterrupted. I'd like to credit reduced refined sugar intake, but I haven't changed the kids' diet as dramatically as my own (yet).

The view out my front door.
February and March are windy and therefore dusty months. Yesterday we had a prolonged dust storm. We could barely see the house across the way. My eyes burn from the dust in the air and Andrew has been sneezing like crazy. And so much for the clean van! This is one of the major reasons why I am so grateful to have domestic help. The house needs to be dusted at least once a week.
Am I the ONLY person who comments on your blog? Seriously.
ReplyDeleteNo kidding! Would love to hear from you, people!
ReplyDelete