This morning I could hardly believe my eyes and my ears. It was RAINING! First time in months. Smells delicious. A very nice change from the taste of dust. It's been blowing hard since yesterday morning and we've had to relight the hot water heater twice. The wind blows it out.
In other fun news, yesterday I signed Eva up for a subscription to NatGeo Little Kids magazine. I think it will be fun for her to get her very own mail and her very own magazine. I'm also going to try giving her an allowance starting in May. I thought I'd give her $30 (about $3 CAD). I am thinking of setting up a 3 piggybank system: 1 for God, 1 for her to spend as soon as she wants, and 1 for saving for something big later. Or maybe the last two should be just one?
For those of you with kids, what age did you start giving an allowance? How much? How did you teach your child to manage it and what kinds of choices have they made?
-
we go off and on with allowance. I know its to teach them responsibility, but i can't help but think that I don't get paid for housework! Also,it gets old handing out $ every week, and everything's so expensive in mexico there's nothing to buy but candy..
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete