Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sleep Update

Thank you to all who offered advice and ideas about our sleep situation. We have made a few minor adjustments, including offering Micah cheerios to munch on in his crib in the morning (bought us 10 minutes) and putting Blue Baby in with him (negligible effect). The major change though, is in our attitudes. Micah wakes up perky and raring to go, and doesn't generally get grumpy during the day. So I am pretty sure that either this is a phase or simply the way he is made. We are now taking turns getting up with him and choosing to enjoy the extra hours and the beginning of the day. We are also getting to bed somewhat earlier. That helps.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh when you talked about your childhood memories of waking up earlier. I know quite a few very young children that wake up EARLY - in fact, the kids of my brother, those of James' brother, and one of James' cousin's sons - like 5 am early; I think Celeste woke up once at 4:55. For the day! I think some kids just wake up early and your only hope is to a) go to bed early yourself and b) concede -- let them watch early am TV until a more reasonable hour, say 6. I am quite sure that they taught Leo how to turn on the TV (had the channel ready to go the night before); I think Mike got up with Cayman, turned on the TV, got him some dry cereal, and went back to bed. The good news is that they seem to sleep later the older they get. If Micah seems happy during the day (vs red eyed and yawning) and if he is not napping excessively, I think you can conclude that he is getting all the sleep he needs for now...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!