Last week I managed to build a routine for our family that makes sense and is sustainable. I have been feeling that we needed more structure to our daily activities, but could never seem to make it happen. Now we have one and I am loving it even more than I expected. I really like knowing what will happen when, and I am finding that I have more dedicated time for my own thing and for housework than I did before. And the kids are enjoying knowing that there will be predictable and consistent periods of my time that is dedicated to them every day.
Here is the routine:
- get up, shower, get dressed
- smoothies and coffee. Mommy puts in a load of laundry, kids watch a little bit of tv, Mommy has computer time
- go for a walk when Daddy leaves for work
- breakfast
- Mommy does dishes, kids play without crying ;)
- jump on the trampoline together while it's still in the shade
- snack
- errand/outing
- lunch at noon
- Micah nap at 1:00, Eva has quiet time then Mommy & Eva have special time together
- snack when Micah gets up
- gymnastics if applicable
- kids watch video while Mommy makes supper
- supper
- Family Walk
- bedtime for Micah at 7:00, Eva reads 3 books with Daddy then has quiet time before her bedtime at 8:00
-
Look at all this blogging, I love it! Good job on the sewing, I can do buttons:) As for the schedule, i'm def. a fan!
ReplyDelete