It's looking up in the produce and fish departments, folks.
Turns out there is a produce truck that does the rounds of my neighborhood three times a week! And he has pretty good stuff. He'll come right to my door. Now that we have a routine, I know that I'll usually be here when he comes around. This saves me probably 5 or 6 shopping trips a month! I usually go twice a week because produce doesn't last me a whole week. Also I want to eat fish twice a week and it's so not-fresh already that I want us to eat it the same day I buy it. Today I also found a very nice nearby store that sells fresh frozen seafood. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks. I had a very good purchase experience today so I am optomistic!
I did my produce shopping, seafood shopping, got gas and purified water (in #7 plastic containers, gah. Must find and install a purifier for the tap water asap) all in the space of about 45 minutes. By myself. What a treat!
Claudia is back this week so I jumped out to do my errands while Micah was sleeping, Eva was watching a movie, and Claudia was doing housework. Excellent arrangement, if you ask me. I feel so blessed!
Claudia's baby is only 5 weeks old. Can you imagine having to leave such a wee baby to go back to work? I guess there are a lot of women who do. Maybe some of you, dear readers. I didn't give Claudia any deadline for returning to work but her family needs her income so she/they decided it was time. Her mom is taking care of the baby.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!