Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yummy Pancake Recipe

I've tried this pancake recipe a couple of times and I can confirm that they are indeed fluffy and yummy! Gets my thumbs up and I want to share. Follow the link to check out the original recipe, which the writer called "quite possibly the best pancakes I have ever tasted". Below is the recipe with my modifications (some because I wanted to and some because I didn't have ingredients on hand):

Lemon Lovers' Ricotta Pancakes
.
1 Cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp honey or piloncillo (click here if you don't know what this is and want to find out)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1 large Egg
2 large Egg Whites
1/2 Cup fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
the zest of one Lemon (our lemon output has been very poor lately so unfortunately I haven't been able to experience this recipe with lemon zest yet)
1 Tbsp butter + butter for the pan
.
Preheat a skillet or electric griddle to medium heat or about 325*f. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and granulated sugar (piloncillo) if you choose to use it. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey (if not using granulated sugar/piloncillo), ricotta, eggs, lemon juice, zest and canola oil. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry. The batter will be super thick. Using a lunch lady scoop (the ones with an ejector handle) or a spoon. Gently spread the batter out-it will be thick. Let it cook until golden on the bottom, then flip them. You wont see bubbles coming through to the top like you would making regular pancakes. Cook on the second side until golden brown. They will be super fluffy and light.

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. The pancakes look yummy -- I'm actually writing to thank you for your entry on elimination communication. I'm almost inspired to try it. It would have to be a very part-time thing for me I think, especially with Owen starting a mother's morning out program a few days a week in the fall, but it sounds like it can work to just do it some of the time... If you don't see anything on my blog about it for weeks or months, you'll know I'm procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!