I need to add some more life to my cooking! Looking for recipes.
Who of you faithful readers (I have heard rumours that there are faithful readers, but the volume of comments doesn't show it! ahem) has a good recipe for:
- Beans. From dried, not canned. And not kidney beans because they are not available here, if you can believe it! Something yummy using pinto beans, black beans and/or lentils. Legumes are largely absent from our diet and I want to get them in there.
- Yummy soup. I make a mean chicken soup, but we like it so much we never have any left to use for stock. And all the premade stocks I find here are chock full of msg. So I would like to either make a beef stock- maybe I can get some bones from the butcher? Or is it possible to make good soup without a meat stock base?
- A really tasty complete meal composed mainly if not entirely of whole foods. Not too complicated at cooking time but I'm not adverse to some prep early in the day.
- Tasty easy salad. My current standby is greek- a few veggies, some cubes of feta, a splash of EVOO and balsamic vinegar, dash of salt, pepper and basil.... voila. But I would like to mix it up a little and not sure where to go next.
-
There's some yummy spicy black bean soup recipes out there which can combine two of your requests (you cook and blend up the black beans and leave some whole ones). I made a really good one before, I'll get you the recipe sometime soon:)
ReplyDelete