Saturday, October 3, 2009

Addendum to Quite the Week

Got a call today that I need to take Joshua back to the clinic because they didn't get enough blood the first time.

Had a good evening yesterday, but Joshua was up for the usual 90 minutes from about 3:30am. The last few days he is waking increasingly early with a stuffy nose. Apparently congestion is a sign of food sensitivity. He also has a couple of pimples. He has been fussy all morning and finally fell asleep in the wrap after crying for a long time. He's still arching his neck back which is a sign of reflux as apparently it soothes the burning esophagus. So I'm still working with the food sensitivity + silent acid reflux theories. The really encouraging thing is that kids generally grow out of both within a year.

I am so hot!! It is a hot day and I have a big hot water bottle (AKA Joshua) strapped to my chest. But the poor kid needs to sleep so I'll take one for the team.

2 comments:

  1. Other things in your diet you might want to watch for are eggs, soy, nuts, chocholate, and shellfish. And whatever you eat stays in your milk for 21 days, so experimenting with what works and what doesn't might take a while. If I may recommend, don't immunize him while he's having such digestive issues as it could make it worse. I can totally relate to what you're going through. Keep praying and be encouraged; this shall pass too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he will grow out of it, but it is so hard to see them unhappy and uncomfortable. Stuffy nose is also a sign of reflux...Koen had it too. You guys are doing great. Go Team Willms!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!