I haven't written much lately because Joshua's nose gets so stuffy as the night progresses that I don't get much quality sleep after about 3:30am. I've been resting instead of computering it up. Every day I think his cold is getting better then every night he gets clogged up and restless. Soon this will pass (right??). It dragged on for quite a while with Eva and Micah too.
Otherwise, things are ok as far as his fussiness goes. We're getting better at helping him and working around it. The wrap is awesome and he spends most of the day in it. I can get most tasks done while wearing him. I wish I could walk everywhere I need to go- he and the car seat still don't get along.
We found out this weekend that Joshua's calcium levels are high (11.8). The hypercalcemia may explain his fussiness.
Speaking of babywearing and fussy babies, check out this very moving story. Have your tissues ready (but don't worry, it's a happy ending).
On Friday I took Joshua to the pediatrician for his two month check (can't believe he's already almost 8 weeks old!). He found a heart murmur and referred us to a pediatric cardiologist. We got an appointment for the same afternoon and Joshua was diagnosed with supravalvular pulmonary stenosis. This means that the artery between his heart and lungs is narrowed. His case is thankfully mild to moderate and will require only regular observation. It may stay the same, improve, or get worse. In the event it gets worse and becomes severe or critical, he would require surgery.
I was a little shaken by the idea of my baby possibly needing open heart surgery, but otherwise I feel ok about this. He won't have to be careful about his activity levels or anything, and there's a real possibility that his condition will improve. It doesn't make sense to stress about what might be. Instead we pray for complete healing, and we trust God and His plan for Joshua and our family.
-
Dana, you so have the right attitude about this. God is standing right beside us during every difficulty we encounter. Know that he is watching over Joshua and giving you all the strength and faith you need to believe in his complete healing. We are praying for Joshua and for all of you!!
ReplyDeleteYes, Dana we are praying for you and little Joshua as well. For complete healing!
ReplyDeleteWe also will pray for healing. Glad that he is in such good hands (in many ways). Happy that the wrap works well to keep him calm and happy. Looking forward to meeting you Joshua!
ReplyDeleteThese words have been tumbling through my mind through the night and even now...
ReplyDelete"The LORD will guide you (Dana, Andrew, Eva, Micah, Joshua) always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land(Torreon?...your minds as per your 3rd prayer request in the email?)and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11
Praying with you and for you, D!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to see you are so positive about it. I'm sure everything will be okey. Joshua and you will be included in my daily prayers.
ReplyDeleteBertha