Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catching the Bug, Twofold

Andrew's enthusiasm for photography has really started to take hold in me. Yesterday I picked up his camera during the day and had a great time experimenting with it. While I hate to think of the big expense represented by a camera upgrade, I have to admit I'm VERY excited about the idea of getting his hand-me-down DSLR. My point-and-shoot is very good for snapshots, but now I want to do more than it can do. Here are some of the photogs I took yesterday. Nothing outstanding, but it's a start, right?

Micah's reaction to my request to take his photo

Eva: not quite so open to it.

Joshua and me

Eva: "no photos please!". Micah: hamming it up

Eva focused on her homework (yes, homework in kindergarten! Not sure how I feel about it.). Micah watching and learning.


Ta-daaa!


In other news, Joshua finally succumbed to the cold/cough that the big kids have been relentlessly exposing him to. Read: coughing in his face, touching his hands and nose after wiping their own nose, etc.. Poor kid is so stuffed up. By 3:30am it was looking like it would be a sleepless night, but he finally managed to find his sleep groove and slept til after 7. I was so relieved to get a few hours.

Joshua is amazingly adept at dodging the suction bulb. It's impressive for six weeks of age. But it's got to feel better to get rid of some snot! I rubbed some lavender essential oil diluted in olive oil onto his chest this morning and hoping that will help bring him relief and healing. He's so little to be sick!

4 comments:

  1. It's way more fun to spend money on cameras than on your minivan!!! Sucks that Josh is sick. Koen had one when he was just 2 weeks old. I always thought that if you were breastfeeding, they wouldn't get sick. But, you are right, older,snotty nosed siblings touching them doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, you are doing so well with your connect the dots homework! You are growing up so fast. I'm glad Mommy and Daddy are taking so many great pictures of you all so we can see them at our place. Have a great day and please say hi to Micah, Joshua and your parents from us-love gramma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are awesome, Dana! They soooo depict a weekday in your home! Loved them all! Love, Mom/Nana, Dad/Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry little buddy is getting sick.
    Nice shots! I really like the one of you and Josh and the last one with Eva showing you her work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!