Tuesday night my 33-year-old cousin Shaun passed away suddenly. What unexpected news. I was flabbergasted. I am still processing.
Growing up, we had fairly frequent family gatherings to celebrate birthdays and holidays, and I was close with his sister so I saw him quite often. In adulthood though we saw each other less, we connected well, as we had a number of common interests and beliefs.
Growing up, we had fairly frequent family gatherings to celebrate birthdays and holidays, and I was close with his sister so I saw him quite often. In adulthood though we saw each other less, we connected well, as we had a number of common interests and beliefs.

Red Rock Lake, summer 1980
I enjoyed and appreciated his adventurous spirit. He wasn't afraid to follow his passions and interests to wherever they took him. He was always very active in his community and made a difference in the lives of people around him. I admired that he owned his own business. Shaun was such a devoted father to 6 year old Ben. It was a delight to see them together. He was obviously so in love and happy with his partner Becky. I grieve for their loss.
I miss him.
Becky created a blog for his memory http://shaunchristophermurphy.blogspot.com/, and a trust fund has been set up for Ben.
I'm so sorry Dana. What a tragic loss.
ReplyDelete