I hope that when Crayola says "non toxic" they really mean completely free of dangerous substances. Not only does my son munch on (and throw) crayons and markers, he also removes the felt tip entirely. With his teeth, naturally. And ends up with a big puddle of marker ink on his tongue.
Augh, this is SOO frustrating and makes me feel so sad! I worry that so much ink might hurt him. I'm sad for the crayons and markers that have been destroyed. Eva is really beginning to enjoy colouring and drawing, and Micah actually does enjoy colouring too.... until he goes and puts an end to the experience for everyone. It could be such a nice, fun activity to all do together, or for the kids to do while I cook or do dishes. But no. And he is lightening fast- you can't stop him even if you're sitting right beside him. So Eva is restricted to this activity during Micah's naptime right now and it stinks!
-
have you ever considered making finger paints (i think the recipe is something to do with corn starch and food coloring or jello powder or tempera powder)? then he could eat it, nothing to ruin, and nothing to waste.
ReplyDeleteThat might solve one problem but cause another. You see, the markers and crayons he eats are washable. I'm pretty sure food colouring stains are not. And I haven't seen tempera paint, let alone powder here. And Micah is a thrower, yikes!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping this phase will pass soon. Maybe once he gets his eye teeth? Who knows.
Thanks for the suggestions!