Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fillings

I just got back from having two fillings done. I feel great! Folks, consider talking to your dentist about doing fillings without anesthetic. I don't know about you, but I was always miserable for hours afterward. The drooling, the slurring, the general feeling of grossness... blech.

I had never considered that there might be another way, until my mom mentioned that she doesn't get anesthetic with fillings. I've had three or four done this way now and as long as the cavity isn't too extensive it is totally the way to go. Through most of the drilling I had no discomfort at all. Once he got through the enamel I started to sweat and tense a bit, not because of actual pain but because I could tell there was potential. On one tooth today I got a bit of a jolt once, and a couple of times I stiffened in anticipation. But that was it! Once the drilling was done, it was DONE. The filling itself is no big deal, and then I walked out of the office and into the rest of my day as though nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!