It is raining- with thunder and lightening- right now. Kind of nice. The afternoon was overcast and warm, just perfect for trampolining. As long as the roof doesn't leak too badly, I don't mind this weather at all.
We arrived home safe and sound following 24 hours of travel. Our flight left Winnipeg for Chicago at lunchtime Saturday which meant that we had lots of time in the morning for last minute tasks, a delicious special breakfast, and some relaxing and visiting with Mom & Dad. Our first flight went without a hitch, and we enjoyed our short stopover in O'Hare. When it was about time to board our next flight it was announced that there was some sort of problem with the windshield gasket so we would have to take a later flight. Which meant that we would miss the last flight to Torreon and therefore had to stay overnight in Houston.
We were impressed by Continental, however. They were prompt in advising of the problem, checked into all the connecting flights, worked with us to make alternative arrangements, gave us food vouchers for supper and breakfast, toiletry pack, and a voucher and shuttle to a hotel. I was glad I had packed some toiletries and spare clothes in case this happened, too. Though Eva was very unhappy with my choice of extra pants and we had a scene in the morning.
The flight to Houston was sweet (except for almost forgetting our laptop in the lounge!). We had three seats across so it was very comfortable. All of us fell asleep in the last part of the flight. Micah went down hard. I was SO GLAD I brought the sling. I just popped him in and he slept right through getting off the plane, waiting for the shuttle, riding on the shuttle, and checking in. I put him down on an easy chair while we waited for his crib, and he just rolled over and kept right on sleeping. Slept through the transfer to the crib too.
The Marriott hotel in which they put us up had possibly the most comfortable and cozy fluffy beds I've ever slept in. Like a baby!! I could have slept forever.
Because of a short sleep and the cozy beds we were in a bit of a frenzy in the morning. Andrew is usually in charge of electronics but because of the frenzy I packed the laptop up. And forgot our brand new iPod on the desk. We had agonized and decided to buy one the very day before we left. We were very impressed and happy with our Nano. So this was a devastating blow. We have called the hotel three times and they are still "trying to find it". We'll see what happens there.
Andrew has been so good to me today! Micah and I had a much needed two-and-a-half hour nap this afternoon. While we were doing that, Andrew and Eva washed the van inside and out plus did the grocery shopping. When we got up they were watching The Little Mermaid and had already finished their popcorn and juice. After that Andrew made penne alfredo with grilled chicken from scratch (mmmmmmmm) plus did all the dishes. I sosososo appreciate everything he did today, cuz I was/am exhausted.
I also have this weird thing going on that started yesterday before our flights. A line of soreness that I can trace from the gland behind my right ear (hurts a little when I swallow) down my neck, over my shoulder, down my arm to the inside of my elbow, and all the way to my thumb. It feels like muscle soreness, but hurts a bit to the touch too. It's not all that painful, but I'm getting really curious about the cause. Anybody had or heard of something similar?
-
Welcome home! Sorry about your delay in getting home but fortunately you have a great hubby to come home to who was willing to help out and make dinner. Impressive. Bummer about the ipod. I would just feel awful about that as well but it looks like you'll be reunited again soon. :)
ReplyDelete