Friday, August 8, 2008

Glasses and Roaring Bear

So yesterday I got my eye exam but I fled in the face of the purchase decision. It's been five years since I got my last new pair of frames, and I was daunted by the idea that this had to be a perfect pair of glasses for the next five years. This morning I dragged my Mom down to give me another opinion on them. Andrew had previously voiced approval, and Mom and Eva chimed in with their own. So I bit the bullet and placed the order. Naturally, the 2-for-$199 magically morphed into more than double, but it is still an ok price for a pair of glasses plus a pair of prescription sunglasses, I suppose.



Micah has been a wild roaring bear this last few days. He is into everything, disobeying, making intentional messes, high pitched top-of-the-lungs screaming, and torturing me at night. Last night was a doozy. Didn't sleep much after about 2am. Started with him being restless, then some talking, then singing, then unfounded claims that he had to poop, and by 5am it was full blown horror movie screaming. GAH. Mom rescued me at 7 and took him for a walk. You know something is out of whack when you're taking a 'nap' at 7am. My theory is he is missing his Dad. He also has another eye tooth coming. I'm tellin ya, I will never take another full night's sleep for granted again.

1 comment:

  1. :-D
    I figured you would like the tree pix! I giggled so much the first pic my belly was fuzzy so B had to take another one.
    I'm reading a book called "Raising Your Spirited Child" that fits Matthew quite well...maybe your LOUD CHILD is spirited too? It's a good book.
    The best part about the book is that I've realized that I fit the 'spirited' profile more than either of my kids, which explains a lot! Lol!
    Sorry Micah is in full bear mode...hope he sleeps for you tonight! Thank heavens for moms, eh?
    xo
    miss you

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!